Kilpi, Protec, protection wear, men, black
The Protec is a good all-round men’s protection vest for adult skiers as well as motorcyclists. It offers soft protection and it is super comfortable.
- The back protector absorbs the shocks optimally in the event of a fall.
- The vest is made of elastic Opti-stretch material, which provides moisture transport in order to stay dry, the vest is completed with warm fleece material.
- The back protection has been tested in Satra (England) and meets EN1621-2 level 1 CE standard.
- The back protector is lightweight, thin and removable so that the vest can also be worn as an ordinary garment.
- The protection part has a zone of 33-38 cm, regardless of size.
- The adjustable elastic belt at the waist with Velcro closure provides extra support to the trunk and back.
- The vest has two side pockets, a high collar and an elastic waistband and reflective details.
- The Protec weighs only 201g and its thickets part is 13mm.
The Kilpi Alpine EXTREME collection is designed for active alpinists and it distinguishes itself by its high-quality technical materials and functionalities for durable and advanced ski clothing. This collection uses 4-way stretch material, waterproof zippers or merino wool. This season Kilpi returns with its favorite designs and contrasting color combinations.
4 way stretchx
A fabric that stretches horizontally and vertically.
A synthetic fiber which is different than other synthetic fibers because of its big elastic strech ability
These fabrics are charachterized by a high elasticity, which offers comfort of movement. The double-sided knitted construction creates 2 surfaces, which helps to remove perspiration and allows it to dry quickly.
Synthetic fibers using polyester have high water, wind and environmental resistance compared to plant-derived fibers
Usually, we advise choosing your regular size when buying ski wear. It is not necessary to buy one size up, even if you wear more layers underneath.
In order to help you choose the right size, our models tried the products on and we added the size information for each product. If the product size turns out to be “normal”, choose your regular size.
For products that turn out to be “one size bigger”, please choose one size down from your regular size.
Moreover, in our Frequently Asked Questions, you can find the size charts from each brand.
Complete your outfit
Nikwax, BaseWash, 300 ml, detergent for baselayers
Suggested price: € 9.90
Our price: € 8.95
The brand Kilpi
The brand name Kilpi means shield. It is not a coincidence that Kilpi produces ski wear that is made to protect you like a shield from the cold and extreme weather conditions. Kilpi creates ski wear collections and ski accessories that are functional and reliable. The brand knows which fabric and material provides protection against the cold. They created up-to-date and advanced material called Siberium®, which is being developed further since 10 years. The material Siberium® uses the same principle like laminating fiberglass and is very firm, stable, permeable and elastic. That gives Kilpi Ski wear the ability to replace and compensate some of the layers of other clothes. Kilpi only works with fabrics and materials of the Japanese company Toray that has a 90 years long tradition and is an elite within the ski wear market. Next to that Kilpi also makes use of RECCO a rescue system. RECCO will protect you and give you the utmost security when being on your skis. Kilpi has grown into a successful international business that offers a broad collection of ski jackets, ski trousers, softshell jackets, ski gloves and ski socks.